9th May 2012
SUPREME GRANDIOSE NACHOS at Polk Street Pub, Chicago, IL. With a name like that, they’re begging to be sampled. Who’s up for the challenge?!
8th April 2012
Photo with 3 notes
Tater tot nachos, Wurst Bar, Ypsi. More like a casserole than nachos.
25th March 2012
When girls make nachos: healthy chips, greens, avocado, beans, homemade salsa. Deliciousness.
25th March 2012
Photo with 1 note
I had a snacky dinner and was starving when Shana suggested Old Town, so the “small” nachos seemed like a good 2nd dinner. Little did I know how big the “small” actually was, or that I would handily eat the whole thing.
Nothing too remarkable here: good chips, uneven topping distribution, and the lettuce really got in the way of making efficient bites.
21st February 2012
Photoset with 2 notes
In perhaps our final attack, we took on the grand-daddy of all nachos: Mount Nacheesmo at Tio’s. Five pounds of nacho goodness consumed by the six of us in twelve minutes. Hey! We were hungry! And, if I do say so myself, they were the best nachos of the tour.
17th July 2011
Photoset with 7 notes
Seva Nachos 7/11/11
We are literally the worst nacho gang ever. Six months without documenting a plate of nachos? Four of our gang had nachos in March, I think, but there’s no photographic proof, so I’m not sure they count. Regardless, six of us convened at Seva - not Sava - for nachos and cheap margarita pitchers on Monday.
While I was generally underwhelmed by Seva, these nachos get a big thumbs up: good topping distribution, LOADS of cheese, tasty black beans, and flavorful salsa on the side. I’m starting to think the salsa on the side is key to preventing the sogginess that plagued the nachos at both Corner and ABC.
A fine plate of nachos. Too bad everything else on the menu is so overpriced
5th January 2011
Sabor Latino Nachos, 1/4/11
Five of us took on the $5.55 nachos at Sabor Latino on Taco Tuesday, the most wonderful day of the week ($1 tacos al pastor? NOM.). We paid an extra $1 for chorizo, but I can’t say that I actually noticed much on the couple of nachos I ate. That could be because they were smothered in melted cheese, sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, beans, and omg spicy pickled vegetables.
There’s talk of a rematch next Tuesday - plain nachos vs chorizo? Throw in a $3 margarita and I’m there.
7th December 2010
Sidetrack Macho Nachos, 12/5/10
Apologies for the lack of process photos, but we were danged hungry. The macho nachos were top-loaded, making them difficult to distribute, but otherwise holy wow were these great nachos. Heavy on the guilt factor - that couldn’t have been anything other than processed cheese “food” - but an excellent amount and variety of stuff, good chips, good salsa, and the combination of cheese and beef was sort of like queso - a bonus!
7th December 2010
Corner Brewery nachos, 12/5/10
Nacho tour member Dharma and Erin C. cast preliminary votes against Corner, but as we were going there anyway for the Whip Stitch Craft Fair, we gave their nachos a try. The salsa was on the wet side, but there seemed to be a good stuff-to-chip ratio, despite the suspicious item in the last photo. Is it cheese? Is it a chip? Is it a cheese-coated chip?
16th November 2010
Post with 1 note
A list compiled from Yelp reviews on a boring Tuesday afternoon.
- Arbor Brewing Company - “I ordered the blackened chicken nachos. The chicken was hardly ‘blackened’, and the overall taste/flavors/presentation/satisfaction would get a 1 out of 5.”
- Ashley’s - “Stilton dijon nachos may as well have been goopy ballgame food, sounded better on the menu.”
- Banditos California Style Mexican Restaurant - “Try the really-meaty macho nachos. I suppose they would be a good appetizer to share with someone, but I’ve had them for dinner. They had what seemed like about a pound of meat on them and a lot of cheese. The salsa and guacamole were served on the side so the chips didn’t get all soggy.”
- Bar Louie - “So we got chicken nachos. They were made with frozen chicken that had not completely thawed by the time it got to our table”
- Bistro Bar & Grill - “I used to love the nachos back when they melted real cheese on them, but now they use a processed melted cheese spread on the nachos which is really gross.”
- Brown Jug Restaurant - “Nothing like 2am cheese nachos as brain food while cramming for an exam.”
- BTB Burritos - “I also really like the nachos here, HOWEVER I always get the chips separate because if you order the nachos and then walk home, by the time you open up the box the chips are all soggy. I think they actually give you more nacho toppings.”
- BTB Cantina - “2 friends and I split the steak nachos and if you watched us eat them, you would probably want to throw up. We demolished them! We literally sat there, faces inches from the plate, shoveling food into our mouths trying to see who could eat the most. It was wonderful.”
- Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar - “On non-wing nights, I have ordered the nachos here. They come with beef chili on top, which for me is no good. So I asked for it without chili, and it came as such.”
- Cafe Habana - “The Cuban nachos are probably not particularly Cuban, but delicious nonetheless.”
- Chili’s Grill & Bar - “SK is a nacho aficionado, so we almost always wound up at Chili’s.”
- Cubs AC - “I was hoping for more from sports-bar nachos.”
- Damon’s Grill - “All I can say is Blah. The chips were overly salty (as a matter of fact, most of Damon’s food was overly salty, to cover up the lack of flavor) The chicken was bland. Not even grill marks could put flavor into this dish.”
- Dominick’s - “The snacks are charmingly weird, like the old-school, gringo-style, round, yellow tortilla chip nachos with cheddar, corn, zucchini and sour cream.”
- El Camino Real - “We ordered a couple huge trays of nachos which were delicious, I was particularly impressed by the flavor of the shredded chicken.”
- Eve - “The thing that threw me off was the fact that the “nachos” (fried wontons) were fried to the point where half of the wonton was burnt black. I really didn’t appreciate the fact that it tasted like burnt charcoal for the parts that they overcooked.”
- Good Time Charley’s - “I had the ground beef nachos which were “ok”“
- Guy Hollerin’s - “If you want something more substantial from the menu, the “Macho Nachos” are good”
- The Heidelberg - “I’ve never eaten their appetizers, but they offer tacos, nachos, wings, and other assorted snacks”
- Joe’s Crab Shack - “Then we ended up ordering Crab Nacho’s… it was good… I had some doubts, but it was very pleasant.”
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales - “We got the nachos, and they were the hardest nachos to eat. The cilantro was left in springs instead of being chopped, so every time I got a bite of cilantro, there were leaves hanging out of my mouth as I struggled to shove it in. Similarly, there just a few random large slices of avocado that were not conducive to eating with a chip.”
- Knight’s Steak House - “The second time I tried the nachos which I quite enjoyed.”
- Moe’s Southwest Grill - “I think my favorite thing there are the nachos because their queso is so good it’s addictive.”
- Mr Pizza - “Subs, quesadillas, enchiladas, nachos, pizza, salads, pop, even ice cream! And yes it’s all deliverable too—even the ice cream.”
- Old Town - “Then, order a beer and some beef nachos. This was a tradition with me and my crew. Even the 2/3 nachos are large enough to feed a couple of friends who need a snack fix.”
- Pita Bite - “For some reason they also have nachos, refried beans and some other random things, like NY strip steak, on the menu.”
- Pizza House - “The nachos are the best I’ve had, loaded with toppings and plenty of chips. It could be a meal on its own, or split it with a large group because there is lots to go around.”
- Pizza Pino - “Tonight I brought home nachos supreme to find, when I opened the box, that about 1/2 the tortilla chips were burned black.”
- Qdoba Mexican Grill - “Also, the veggie nachos w/ grilled veggies are very tasty.”
- Quickie Burger - “No they’re not the best in the world, but for somewhere around $4, after a night at the bar, you get a heaping box-ful of nachos loaded with everything. I’d give 4.5 starts if possible.”
- Red Hawk - “Killer Nachos (with chicken or pork) Great blend of textures and flavors, mmmm~”
- Red Lobster - “The lobster nachos were ok. The cheese was definitely a sauce, and not much flavor to it. I probably wouldn’t order it again because it wasn’t a memorable dish (appetizer, actually).”
- Sava’s - “The nacho fries were… nacho fries… I don’t know what I was expecting, but they were nachos with fries instead of chips. Pretty good, generous portion, fair price, nice guacamole and fresh salsa.”
- Seva - “Grab some pals, get a pitcher or two and order some nachos and sweet potato fries. That’s the right way to do Seva.” (review from our own Shannon!)
- Tio’s Mexican Restaurant - “It’s not my favorite Mexican food in Ann Arbor, but when I want a great milkshake and some nachos at the same time, it does the trick.”